At Martelec Ltd we are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act 2018. This policy applies when we are acting as a controller of personal data, where we have determined the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data. It applies where we process personal data relating to our existing customers and also prospective new customers.
If you are just browsing our website, we will not collect any personal information about you. This website only collects data that you enter into the website, for example, if you sign up for email alerts or if you submit a form. If you subscribe to any of our mailing lists, we will use your information to send you the information you have requested.
Our website is PCI DSS Level 1 Accredited.
About the Company
This Privacy Notice is provided by Martelec Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’). We are a ‘controller’ for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“Data Protection Laws”).
We take your privacy very seriously. We ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information about our processing and your rights.
|Full legal name of entity||Martelec Ltd|
|Company Registration No.||1749893|
|Telephone No.||+44 (0)1420 82752|
|Postal Address||Manor Farm, West Worldham, Alton, GU34 3BD, U.K.|
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should check this Privacy Notice occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
What Personal Data Do We Collect and Why?
If you are just browsing our website we will not collect personal data, other than your IP address collected through our cookies.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
These cookies enable Martelec to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies:
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Information You Submit
When you visit, create an account, contact us, subscribe to any publication, place an order for goods or use any other service through our websites you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself. We may also collect information from you about your usage of our website via recognised IP tracking solutions as well as from any correspondence you have with us.
The types of data we may collect includes:
- Contact details e.g. invoice address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial data including bank account and payment card information
- Identity/Profile data includes your name, any username or similar identifier and title.
- Marketing and communications data including your preference in receiving marketing from us, which you are able to opt out by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.
- Transaction data including details about payments to and from you and other details of the products and services you have purchased from us.
- Usage data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
How is Processing Your Personal Data Lawful?
- To complete and fulfil purchases of products and services.
- To execute transactions in relation to processing payments, orders, invoicing, statements.
- We may email you in response to your enquiries or complaints and to fulfil your requests, such as provide data sheets or other information.
To send you email marketing communications if you have provided consent.
- To provide you with non-marketing commercial communications and with information about our products or services.
- To perform data analysis for marketing and analytics purposes.
Who Will Have Access to Your Personal Data
Disclosure of Information:
Like any business, we use service providers to operate our website. Some of these service providers will process your data as part of the services they offer to us. We take steps to ensure that our service providers treat your data in accordance with the law, only use it in accordance with our contract with them and keep it secure.
Third Party Organisations:
Personal data held by Martelec may be transferred and/or shared with third party organisations that provide services to us. We use third parties to support us in providing our services and to operate business systems which they may have supplied to us.
Examples of such third party organisations include:
- Providers of services e.g. IT support, couriers, marketing, technology, consultancy and other providers necessary to the operation of our business.
- Website hosting and maintenance providers.
- Data back-up, security and storage providers.
How we keep your data secure
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, loss, destruction and damage. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. Any concerns regarding data protection should be reported in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any accounting, legal or ISO:9001 requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
As a data subject, you have the following legal rights:
- the right of access to personal data relating to you
- the right to correct any mistakes in your information
- the right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
- the right to prevent your personal data being processed in some circumstances
- the right to erasure in some circumstances
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us at the details set out above.
We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a month of receiving your request, unless the request is particularly complex, in which case we will respond within three months.
Please note that exceptions apply to some of these rights which we will apply in accordance with the law.